Thursday 7 April 2016

Parents visit!!

March has been a good month for us! Ant had a birthday, we did the legal marriage, my visa was approved, and my parents came! This was a good visit, and nobody drove each other nuts all staying in our one bedroom flat! I really enjoyed having them here, because it gave us a reason to go out and do things that we've been meaning to do. We explored town, went to the city museum, tried different restaurants and pubs, and went to Cambridge, which was beautiful! Ant took my dad to a local football (soccer) game. The premier league teams were on a break, but they still had fun! We skipped London, just due to the fact that the days we had planned were right after the attacks on Brussels and it was rainy and cold. We'll catch London next time. It was so good to see my parents, and I was a bit sad to see them go. It actually felt empty to not have the around anymore. Since I am not working yet, I don't have a lot of human interaction eight hours a day, five days a week.  Here's a few pictures!

Pink taxi in town. Peterborough 

Old telephone booths, believe they still work. Cambridge 

Cambridge 




The River Cam. Cambridge

Mom and I, punting ride. Cambridge

                                                    Peterborough Cathedral. Peterborough
Town Centre. Peterborough

Draper's Pub. Delicious food!! Peterborough

Delicious Fish N Chips place.  Believe this was in Whittlesey.

Fish N Chips! Ant, mom, dad.

Charter's pub, Peterborough.


Baby Sheep, Sacrewell Farm-Peterbrough.

Lilly petting baby sheep at Sacrewell Farm.

Ant and I in Cambridge

Awful picture, but at a train stop. Cannot remember the name of the town, sorry!!

Mom and Dad at forgotten name of town.

Steam engine coming! This isn't a normal train that people take for day to day transportation.  More of a novelty, old fashioned modeled train. Much slower moving.  Peterborough

Ant and I at the Orton Mere steam engine station.  Peterborough

Lilly petting the horse at Sacrewell Farm.


Goat having a bad day?? Sacrewell Farm

Charter's Pub- Peterborough

My dad with his new friends lol-Charter's Pub Peterborough

Ant and I at Charter's Pub

Mom and Dad at Charter's Pub

Lilly and my mom.

Peterborough Museum, super cool place I would recommend to anybody who comes here.

Tapas at Argos-Peterborough

Peterborough Cathedral

Peterborough Cathedral

No comments:

Post a Comment